1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

On a related note, the best thing for these student activists is that Mizzou's team sucks. There would never have been a hint of a boycott if it was in the hunt in the SEC.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Try this one on for size ...

Ace likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I just assumed that the resignation(s) were all due to the football boycott.

I hope a football team in the final four has an injustice and talks about boycotting the playoff game. I would LOVE that. You'll see who wields the power on campus.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That would have been a shitstorm of a lawsuit if they pulled the scholarships. I would have loved every minute of it.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who is your babysitter? I am looking for someone who can handle petulant types. :rolleyes:

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Sunshine won!

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Missouri is basically St. Louis in the east, Kansas City in the west and West Virginia everywhere in between.

Ace and exmediahack like this.
  8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping the next president is black, only because I want to see what he'll do differently when some random white is yelling racial slurs while driving by. Or just how he would handle a poo swastika.

You know, the media has done a pretty bad job covering this. In the accounts I've read, all that is mentioned are those three incidents. I don't know if Mr. Hungry attempted a sit down with the president, I don't know if the president denied this 1950 a sit down. I don't know much, other than black people are pissed, a guy went on a hunger strike and the president needs to acknowledge his white privledge before saying adios.

I guess that's what you get when you have a group that wants to control the message.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Watching your own freaking child is not babysitting, champ.

SnarkShark and doctorquant like this.
  11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

What could go wrong there? Problem solved.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Because "more than a hundred" aggrieved drama queens (out of 6,000 or so undergrads) sign an e-mail to a residential master doesn't change the overall nature of the institution, its student body or faculty. By a long shot.

But this made me laugh:

Draft saved Draft deleted