1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You know he's running just to make money and not to win?

Then surely you have some sort of documentation to back that up. Or you just outed yourself as the Amazing Kreskin.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You and YF are hammering those two points into the ground. At least his is relevant to the discussion. Paranoid and delusional, perhaps, but relevant. I'm not sure why yours matters.

You want to argue that we have political cheerleaders here who care only that their favorite team wins? Great. I agree with you. I've posted as much. But not voting does not make you immune to bias. We don't even know for a fact that you really won't vote. It's just silly.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's not just here. I'm talking about people in the physical and social media worlds, as well. I want to be the bridge over troubled water that citizens can turn to for analysis untainted by partisan bias. I think people need someone like that in thei lives, a steady presence in a tumultuous time.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Wow, another outing alert! Dick Whitman is Art Garfunkel.

BTExpress likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And there was a time in my youth that I wanted to play linebacker for the Steelers. Then reality set in. Perhaps it will do the same for you soon.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've received a ton of positive feedback from people on this.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He's number one or two in every primary poll, and beats Hillary in head-to-head matchups.

So, why's he a no chance candidate?

old_tony likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

But enough about the Clinton Foundation! :D

old_tony likes this.
  9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

We used to have those people. They were called journalists. Now everyone's just convinced they're carrying water for the other team. Hasn't done much good.

WCIBN likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My God, Boom has hacked Dick Whitman.

Riptide likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Where an I delusional?

I freely admit Carson's failings, and lack of political experience.

But, people get upset if you point out the inexperience or exaggerated personal narrative of Obama, or the lack of accomplishments, and history of lies, of Hillary.

Why is that, and which one is delusional?

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Are you going to vote for him?

You've already said you won't and, by the way, Huckabee is doing the same damn thing. He just isn't up in the polls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.