1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Take a look at the background of the Politico author of the Carson article, and tell me if you think he's objective. Or look at the scene at Mizzou.

It's not just that we, as partisans, are convinced of the water carrying of today's journalists. We're convinced of it because it's true.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Your argument that the media is out to get certain candidates and prop others up no matter what. I understand that you won't agree with me on this, but I do believe that is more a matter of paranoid delusions on your part than reality.

WCIBN likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

Would I vote for him when?

In a general election against Hillary Clinton? Of course.

People can laugh at Trump and Carson all they want, but they're leading in the primary polls, and Carson leads Clinton when they are matched up.

You can't say he has no chance at winning.

4. YankeeFan

And, you contend what? That the media is not partisan? Or that it is partisan, but that's not reflected in their coverage?

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to understand how voting would make you shirk rational thought.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

How long had you lost them? ;)

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I contend that there is some bias in the media, but not nearly to the degree that you make it out to be.

I understand that the idea that media professionalism is something you don't understand or accept as real, so I don't expect you to accept my point of view on this.

WCIBN likes this.
  9. old_tony

How many polls that show the media members vote Democrat at a 90% rate would it take to convince you?

10. old_tony

Pretty sure Carter feels no shame at all.

11. old_tony

I've had to provide my college transcripts for a couple different jobs. Apparently they were more important than "President of the United States."

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Drag you into what? I don't care if you vote. You do.

Your stance is appears to be just a critique of others' lack of equanimity, not a fear of losing your own. Maybe you'd like to get on the record how childish everyone else is.

To which I say: Noted.

But your not voting won't change anyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.