1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

I'm not a Carson supporter. I don't think he's qualified to be president.

But, I also don't think Hillary Clinton is qualified to be President. More than that, she's disqualified herself.

So, in a choice of the lesser of two evils, I would enthusiastically support Ben Carson. Certainly, the people that would make up a Carson administration would be more palatable to me than the people in a second Clinton administration.

And, I'm not arguing that he will win the nomination, btw. He may be this cycle's Huckabee, or Santorum. But, maybe he's not. And, he is beating Clinton in head to head polling.

People liked Obama. People do not like Hillary. The more the pubic gets to know her, the less they like her.

Carson is kooky, but he's likable. Whoever wins each party's nomination starts with about 47% support. The 6% who can be swayed vote on narrative, on liability.

Carson has a chance to win the Republican nomination, and the Republican nominee has a chance to win the election.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The meaningfulness of head-to-head polling this far out is not large.

But I agree. For whatever it says about the world we live in, Carson can win the nomination and the nominee can win against Clinton.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

RSP*!!!!!!!

*Rick Stain Posts

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Fuckin' reunion day around here.

HC and YankeeFan like this.
  5. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

My pubes will never get to know her. (Long, long ago, there was a brief period when Hillary seemed kind of hot, though.)

old_tony likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

image.jpg

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Hell of a profile for an American president!

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, she's qualified. It might be her biggest weakness in a sense. Political types like leaders who can be influenced.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Unless you're a Christian who goes to church on Sunday, or especially a Catholic.

In that case, the "likeable guy" plans to send you straight to hell.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Speaking of political fans who only care about supporting their team....

Apparently, the concept of professionalism in journalism has escaped you as well.

franticscribe and WCIBN like this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LTL's return was good, but getting RickStain back on the same day is more than I could have hoped for!

Welcome back! Good to see you. You've been missed.

I hope you and your son have been well.

Is it too much for me to hope for Bodie's return? Good things come in threes, right?

JC likes this.
  12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for Boom's return.

cjericho likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.