1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And you're assuming there is not? So we just expect the police to release every shred of evidence to prove to the amateur journalists that this really happened? Got it.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

There might be a professional journalist or two who might be interested in seeing evidence. Probably no more than two, though.

old_tony, schiezainc and YankeeFan like this.
  3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know how active the "investigation" is, nor do I really care, but that's not how it usually works. Do we need a swab too?

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"Actually, it's about ethics in reporting."

Big Circus and dixiehack like this.
  5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

What's sad is that the espresso machine repairman regularly exhibits more intellectual curiosity than most of the journalists around here. Instead of being upset with YF, be upset with "professionals" who accept social media as a reliable and valid source.

old_tony and schiezainc like this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

More likely that whoever reported the poop swastika put it there than it not existing. It wouldn't be the first time someone did something like that at a college. Or the second.

old_tony and YankeeFan like this.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Nah. I agree with your second point, but I don't think this story is the evidence of that because Breitbart or the Federalist or whoever didn't beleive it. Jusy YF doin what YF does.

8. RickStain

False choice fallacy.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This is true, too. This story just shows how cut-rate journalism, and pack journalism, are damaging the industry.

Ace and cranberry like this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Gator likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's like a page from the book "Where's Waldorius?"

12. RickStain

It's absolutely true that journalism is in the shitter. I can be sad about that *and* tired of seeing that fact used as a convenient distraction to change almost any subject.

Riptide likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted