1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I say "no worries" all the time. Don't like it? I've got a perfect response.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My pleasure?

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

With all the complaining about low pay, people here still have the money to frequently visit McDonald's of Chick-fil-A?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

We're Dollar Menu kinda guys.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At Philly Airport, had a sausage egg and cheese biscuit at Chick fil-A. One of the best fast food biscuits I've ever had.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If this was Facebook, he'd have posted a photo of it.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You oughta see the vacation threads. Every low-paid member of sj.com has visited every exotic locale and can point you to all the best hotels, sights and restaurants.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Sugar mommas.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Marriott points, beeyaaattch.

old_tony likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just booked a trip to Italy, using Starwood points for all of the hotel rooms, and Membership Rewards points for the flights.

Then I read this:

A buyer who shelled out $170.4 million for Modigliani’s Nu Couché—the second-highest price paid at auction, ever—has been revealed as a Chinese billionaire with an irresistible rags-to-riches story: Liu Yiqian is a former taxi driver turned investing magnate who reportedly pays for his historic auction purchases on an American Express Centurion, meaning he can fly wherever he wants, whenever he wants.

Liu has already established himself as a major buyer of Asian art with a knack for scandalously ostentatious displays of the wealth he amassed investing in the stock market. After paying $36.3 million for a Ming-dynasty ceramic cup at Sotheby’s Hong Kong in July 2014, Liu scandalized the art world when a picture of him gleefully sipping tea from the 500-year-old object once owned by emperors surfaced. If that let-them-eat-cake moment wasn’t enough, Liu also paid for the cup with his American Express card, swiping 24 times and racking up almost 422 million rewards points, according to Bloomberg.

Just a few months later, he paid $45 million for a 15th-century Tibetan tapestry—again with his Centurion. He used his points to fly with his family to New York, where, according to Bloomberg, Liu drew attention for posing for a photo in his underwear in their St. Regis hotel room, assuming the pose of a Tibetan yogi statue he planned to bid for at an upcoming Christie’s New York auction. He won it at a price of $4.9 million.

Did This Chinese Billionaire Rack Up Millions of AmEx Rewards Points Buying That Modigliani?

Iron_chet and Ace like this.
  11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

That's awesome.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yep.

That explains most of my recent travel. That and my epic quest to hit all 50 states before I turn 50.

Draft saved Draft deleted