1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Funny:

Those too fragile to handle different opinions are too fragile to participate in politics. So maybe we should raise the voting age to 25, an age at which, one fervently hopes, some degree of maturity will have set in. It’s bad enough to have to treat college students like children. But it’s intolerable to begoverned by spoiled children. People who can’t discuss Halloween costumes rationally don’t deserve to play a role in running a great nation.

Glenn Reynolds: After Yale, Mizzou, raise the voting age — to 25

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

People who say "Have a nice day!" are violating my right to be perpetually miserable.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This “is private property, not a state institution, so they do have the right to tell you to stay off their property,” an officer told O’Keefe in a courteous manner. “I am going to inform you, that you are not allowed on Yale University property unless it’s areas that are generally open to the public like museums and libraries.”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/11/e...y-yale-university-police-video/#ixzz3rIlyQVZ7

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The current crop of college kids was in elementary school when 9/11 took place. The youngest of them were in preschool. (Yes, you're that old.)

They've spent their entire sentient lives with the War on Terror as a reality, along with the Patriot Act and the attendant overreactions. Is it any wonder they prioritize "feeling safe" over the constitutional rights of others?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I read these things and I want to throw my shoe!

No, dipshit, the implication is that you scored high on the test and that there are some additional opportunities that are available just for you!

And here we go!

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My lord. Where do these clowns come from? I'm surprised they were as tolerant as they were with that asshole.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely convinced they haven't been this douchey all along and it's just more visible now, like with most things.

"PCU," which satirized all of this, came out more than 20 years ago.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Ok, now I feel old.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I imagine a lot of folks here grew up during the height of the Cold War. How was that era any more "safe"?

old_tony likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted