1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Rubio, yes. Christie, no.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes. One thing we don't let the Little Aces whine about is whether something is fair. There is no guarantee of fairness. Quit whining and get past it.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If you say so.

Hey, I'm not saying Carson will be the nominee nor that he'd win the election if he was.

I'm just telling you, you don't know, either. You say he doesn't have a chance. Right now, the polls say he does.

I'll stick with the polls for now.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Almost 60 million people voted for Sarah Palin to be a 72-year-old's failing heartbeat away from the presidency. That's how strong the "I'll vote for a doorknob before I vote for that other party" feeling is in this country.

Anything is possible.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Dick isn't voting. That made him clairvoyant.

Pay attention.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

For the record, I can't stand Hillary, but no one in the Republican field, with the possible exception of Rubio, can beat her in a general election.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think Rubio is mediocre and Christie is a joke.

TowelWaver likes this.
  11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter who the candidates are but the general vote will always be close.

What matters is the electoral college math and that so heavily favors democrats that it would take an exceptional effort and the right candidate/ticket to make a dent.

Carson isn't that person and I don't think the old money establishment republicans will support him.

They may vote for him but they won't write the big checks.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced anyone, ever, beat Battletoads. The ramp levels required reflexes no man could possess.

amraeder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.