1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Effective immediately, I hope.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wowsers. Non-Hodgkins lymphoma, diagnosed in May but doctors thought he could keep going through the season.

He's coaching this weekend, though it doesn't say beyond that.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He's apparently known he's had lymphoma since May and had treatment in the summer.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh and BTW ... it wasn't noticed much at the time, but Mizzou's med school dean resigned in September after 10 months and under mysterious circumstances that have yet to be explained ... and now faculty over there are demanding that he be brought back.

Faculty call for former MU School of Medicine dean's reinstatement

What a fucking tire fire. Think I'm gonna hold off shipping that donation this year just yet.

Batman, doctorquant and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Your excerpts have people declining to confirm details, and second hand sources.

That's great journalism?

It took 10 days to confirm the nature of the vandalism, and that was thanks to Conservative outlets that had to file FOIA requests to do so.

In the mean time, outlets like the WaPo wrote about it, with no apparent confirmation, other than previous news reports.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He's finishing out the season.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Conservative outlets. Right. Because I am certain the LIBRUHL MEDIA didn't file FOIA requests for the police. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Journalism isn't always immediate. Report the facts as you know them. And not a single person denied that it happened. You think as soon as the Missourian called the police, they would just hand over a police report and photos? Just go away.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The notion that I despise journalism is too laughable to respond to.

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

That's fine. I'd prefer you not respond anyway.

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Can one use Internet message board tales of bravery to get laid?

As for the police report, I used to go to the police department and go over the reports every day I worked. Never had to file a request. Research can be done away from the office.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It works for Freqposter.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Re: the Claremont McKenna College Meeetooos ...

We Dissent | The Claremont Independent

Words, however artfully crafted, can't beat this picture ...

[​IMG]

Is it not just too perfect that little mister bullhorn on the left is wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Draft saved Draft deleted