1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mizzou football players go on strike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's having grace on him, huh. Never realized that's what it looks like.

2. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

There were people last week saying Pinkel was bold and brave for supporting the players who allegedly, just maybe, might have boycotted the BYU game. (But were never really going to do so.)

I doubt those people will be running forward to retract that statement.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. Imagine that. *Crickets* from the usual suspects. Just cut and run.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I wonder where people could be.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

You know very little of public records laws if you don't think written requests are required in some states/municipalities, or a standing request matters.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes, please Jay, tell the guy who's worked in government/politics, and had their resume requested via FOIA (we always called id FOIL - ad in freedom of information law) how it works.

I've also submitted my share of FOIA requests. In researching a business idea, I requested the naming rights contracts for multiple stadiums and arenas from various cities, counties, and stadium commissions, and they all required formal requests.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I could point to the case law if you like but in my state the precedent is if the media asks for it, you turn it over.

You start a paper trail if the expectation is if they're going to fight it then the law is written as such that they have to explain in writing why.

And all the law enforcement agencies in my area cite the standing FOI requests when they turn over investigative files and such after the case use complete.

But good for you YF. You can file FOI requests and fix coffee pots. Let me give you a digital pat on the head and say good job.

BDC99 likes this.
  8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm glad people went back to reconfirm the crap swastika so we can shut up the poop truthers who were beginning to surface.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    SnarkShark likes this.
  9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Well, if we're going to be honest, Pinkel had pretty much gotten a pass on a lot of off field stuff because he won enough Missouri was willing to overlook it, but not so much others made a stink over it. I doubt anybody is going to start getting tough on him now.

But if I'm continuing to be honest, I wish my school would have treated Mangino the same way.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I'll say this.. I think KU is on the right path with Beaty. They looked very good today for a very limited team.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think so too, but it never should have gotten to this point at KU.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Never should have. While I didn't go to Kansas, I was a hard-core KU football fan until they fired Mangino... then I simply mocked them during the Gill/Weis eras. First Big 8 football game I attended was the 1987 debacle in Manhattan for KU/K-State.

What Beaty is doing now is akin to Glen Mason's resurrection. He'll get there.

Draft saved Draft deleted