1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Reagan didn't kill the Soviet Union. He and Bush41 just happened to have a front-row seat when Gorbachev and Yeltsin killed it.

2. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

World History, as seen by ideologists.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now you've done it. Slam any other Republican all you like, but question Reagan? Them's fightin' words!

4. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

Just to talk about Ben Carson for a minute, before the ideologists return to rewriting World History:

Where did he get this notion about the Chinese? He claims to have some sort of intelligence on this. Does he have CIA members who report to him?

Or is this merely a Personal Belief? (Personal Belief: The wind that has sailed many a ship on this site.)

Anyway, back to World History -- How the Communist Empire Collapsed All By Itself.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Carson has any intelligence on the Chinese, it's the first intelligence he's shown on anything other than neurosurgery.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

What health care plan was that?

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Fiorina is doing this for the money? Really? Just a reminder that she ran for Senate while she was battling cancer. That sounds more like commitment than opportunism to me.

I don't think any of them are doing it for the money. I'd say Trump is doing it for the ego trip, Carson because he believes he can lead the country in a more Godly direction (in his view) and Fiorina because she believes she can run the country better than it's being run.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"n Pennsylvania, one state in which the GOP drew the congressional districts in a brazenly partisan way, Democratic candidates collected 44 percent of the vote, yet Democratic candidates won only 5 House seats out of 18. In other words, Democrats secured only 27 percent of Pennsylvania’s congressional seats despite winning nearly half of the votes."

"A similar dynamic played in North Carolina, another state in which GOP control in 2011 created intensely partisan congressional boundaries. In the 2014 midterm elections, Democrats in North Carolina secured only three out of 13 seats (23 percent of NC’s congressional delegation) even though Democratic candidates in that state won about 44 percent of the vote:"

"In 2012, the first congressional election after the last round of gerrymandering, Democratic House candidates won 50.59 percent of the vote — or 1.37 million more votes than Republican candidates — yet secured only 201 seats in Congress, compared to 234 seats for Republicans. "

Gerrymandering Rigged the 2014 Elections for GOP Advantage | BillMoyers.com

Nope. Looks like he knows what he's talking about.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Since I asked you this on the Paris thread, I'll ask it again so you see it twice. What do you want him to do? Be precise? Order troops into battle? Very well. Are you willing to pay a tax increase to pay for this? Are you willing, since they're the "most feared in the world" to re-institute the draft?

What are you willing to sacrifice in order to defeat ISIS?

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He should say meaner stuff about them!

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Please explain to me how they got the power to allegedly gerrymander without first having won the power before the alleged gerrymandering.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

How convenient to "forget" that Clinton was a president for eight years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.