1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Saddam himself? No.

Individuals and events following in consequence from Daddy Bush not commanding a more decisive result from Desert Storm? Yes.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

LOL ... Been taking posting lessons from the NQT crowd?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

OK, so what would be the dividing line for a terror attack? One year, two years?

How about if a mistake is made about foreign policy in which a leader keeps repeating an inaccuracy? How long should government officials be allowed to know that what they're saying goes from being a mistake to being a flat-out lie? One week? A month? A year?

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Exactly seven years. Duh.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So your position appears to be bin Laden and Co. didn't want to attack the US until the early afternoon of Jan. 21, 2001 and wasn't a threat until exactly then.

#nuance

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As opposed to your position, in which the economy was doing just fine and Iraq was perfectly peaceful until Jan. 21, 2009, right?

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Duh. It's Clintons' fault. Both of them.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

As bad as Jeb has handled the inevitable questions about his brother, it wasn't as bad as watching Hillary Clinton defend her ties to Wall St. last night.

Holy fuck. A complete lie, wrapped in 9/11, while shouting and pointing her finger.

SnarkShark likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Don't forget the pandering, "but, 60 percent of my donors are WOMEN!" shtick.

SnarkShark and YankeeFan like this.
  10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

HRC was nothing short of tremendous as a senator in the aftermath of 9-11, working with Schumer on redevelopment funding and laser focusing on the health of first responders. She engendered huge amounts of goodwill among rich, middle class and poor.

I was frustrated by her support for going into Iraq, but that was probably my only issue with her performance as senator. Her foreign policy instincts are just a little too hawkish for me. Since Rand Paul is the only one to her foreign policy left among GOP candidates, it's not even on my radar as a presidential election issue.

Anyone notice that all three candidates laughed off the e-mail question?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

His supporters will see it as a positive.

"He's like me!"

I have a theory: Carson's support is, in part, a product of the recession. A lot of people lost their jobs, and had to seek employment in new fields. They wanted to believe that their general competence and intelligence would translate to new careers. So they are, in a way, projecting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.