1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's like all of the GOP candidates have disparate, conflicting positions and constituencies, none broad enough to carry the day in a general election. If you ask four self-identified conservatives, you will get four different definitions of conservatism.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ben is often confused:

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And yet all four will be highly motivated to go out and vote against Hillary Clinton.

4. cranberry

I think there are huge numbers of traditional Republicans who would vote for HRC over Trump, Carson, Cruz and Rubio, the kookiest candidates, and a huge number of Tea Party types who would gag before they voted for Bush, Christie or Kasich, the slightly less kooky candidates.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What's your angle here? Does he present, to you, as someone who knows foreign policy well? Should this not be reported upon?

6. Dick Whitman

Nah. When push comes to shove, they'll vote for the "R" and not think twice about it. They voted for a walking, talking block of cement as a vice president eight years ago.

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Any president is going to be raked over the coals by some, no matter what they say.
    If Trump is president and says "Bomb the hell out of those ISIS ****ers" a large number of people will agree. A large number of people will also disagree.
    Some are complaining Obama didn't go after ISIS enough with his comments the other day. Some thought he said exactly the right thing.
    After the community college shooting in Oregon recently, some said Obama was exactly right to bring up gun control. Some were really pissed off and felt that was making a political statement at exactly the wrong time.
    Heck, I saw a thing on Facebook yesterday some people are upset The White House was lit with rainbow colors after the Supreme Court gay marriage decision but was not lit in France's colors this past weekend.

8. cranberry

And lost.

Riptide likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You don't seem to grasp that a presidential election comes down to a choice between two people and there is no way in hell any genuine Democrat/liberal Republican/conservative would switch their vote based on petty crap like this when there are huge, real issues and SCOTUS appointments at stake.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not at all.

I think it's likely true, not surprising, and highly relevant. I've said that I don't think he's qualified.

I also think it's true, not surprising, and highly relevant that our former Secretary of State, and leading Democrat candidate is "often confused".

11. Dick Whitman

There it is.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Are you saying Democrats are all in lockstep, huddled into the same small corner of the "big tent"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.