1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Does that mean staying at least a night in all 50 states or just driving through?

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Has to include a stop and get out and walk around. Driving through doesn't count and neither do the state's I went to as a kid and don't or barely remember.

My cutoff point is 16 or when I got my license and it doesn't include an overnight stay but I do like to buy something. Usually the local paper.

I'm 45 and have 13 states left. So my clock is ticking.

Alaska and Hawaii remain alongh with most of the upper Midwest Big Sky country. Then some scattered states here and there.

It is doable.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

A cruise to Alaska doesn't count, Jay. An Alaska trip must include:

1. Drinking with locals
    2. Hundreds of mosquito bites, and
    3. Use of an outhouse

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Almost knocked Alaska out earlier this year. She had a work trip there that was cancelled or it would have included glorious mosquito bites.

She's been quite a bit. Tells tales of the Mosquitos there.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You will get it done, Jay. I'm some older than you, but have notched 48 of 50. Only Alaska and North Dakota to go!

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am 47 and have been to 47. Alaska and North Dakota like you. ... and Hawaii are the missing ones.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

North Dakota's gonna be the hard one. I think Alice would be up for visiting Alaska, but North Dakota?

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm at 40, but my travel is limited these days, so I'm not optimistic.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You have to go out to Yellowstone or Glacier and do it as a quick side trip. That's the only reason I've been to North Dakota.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

For North Dakota, go see a hockey game at the Ralph. It's worth it.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I'm older than you, but missing the same three.

I tried keeping a list of all the states I had whacked it in, but got distracted somewhere along the way.

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

'McPick 2': McDonald's new deal to replace Dollar Menu

McDonald's hopes it has a catchy, new deal that will be as hugely popular as its Dollar Menu. Early next year, the fast-food chain will launch the "McPick 2" menu, which will let customers pick two of the following items for $2: a McDouble, a McChicken, small fries and mozzarella sticks.

Since McDoubles cost $1.39 in my part of the world, this sounds good to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted