1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

We already know who our candidate is and we're ok with it. I don't think the GOP has the ability to build a strong consensus around any of its potential candidates.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It was there from the beginning. I was making fun of Carson, by using a line used to describe Clinton.

I didn't think it was a veiled reference. My main goal in using it was to make fun of carson.

My other options were, "that's going to sting" and things along those lines.

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I know what you are saying but I think there would be plenty of Tea Party voters that would sit it out before voting for Bush or Kasich. I saw it in Wisconsin when Tammy Baldwin won the Senate race. She is a very liberal lesbian but when Tommy Thompson was the Republican choice the Tea Party stayed away from the polling places and Tammy is in Washington.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure that's going to be a problem with them, given that I think they care more about defeating Clinton than the left cares about getting her elected.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think you're 100 percent wrong about that.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think the thought of Hillary as president is so virulent to the Tea Party they will be highly motivated to vote against her, pretty much regardless of who the nominee is. But since neither Bush nor Kasich will be the nominee, we'll never know.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

It might be wrong but amongst the investor class, Clinton is more palatable than say Carson.

And I think those guys care far more about their portfolios than a specific party.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Couple of new polls out...

Don't know much about the UMass poll, but if it's anywhere close to accurate, Bush needs to just drop out -- as Jindal did today:

Trump takes 9-point lead over Carson

Reuters 5 day rolling avg. has Trump gaining ground, and Carson losing ground:

Follow the latest Reuters/Ipsos polls on everything from politics and elections, to social issues and current events.

It's almost like Trumps attack on Carson worked for him, as opposed to having ruined him, as many pundits predicted.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I'm not ok with it.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And therein lies the problem the Democrats face. Their opposition is much more motivated to vote against their candidate than they are to vote for her.

RickStain likes this.
  11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You honestly think they voted Democrat? ;)

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not really. It has been eight years of conservatives hating a president for no reason. We want to a president that comes pre-hated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.