1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Carson: Bungling Surgeon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

old_tony: Voted for a guy who plays video poker during hearings and the worst vice-presidential candidate in the past 70 years. Bet you smiled when you cast that ballot in 2008?

Doubt you would have kept your trap shut if Obama did the same in a Senate hearing.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

But you have to win.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think that's the post-Global Warming map he dragged out a little too soon. Except Florida is still there.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Dr. Fetchit would read the Constitution (assuming he can), he would know that governors (whether it's one, 31 or 50 of them) have no authority to interfere with immigration matters.

And if they did, the only way for such a ban to be effective would be if we built walls/fences between all states and allowed entry only at gated checkpoints.

Is that the next phase of the Great Wall of Trump plan? In addition to the 20, 000 miles of exterior border fences we gotta build, now we gotta build another 30,000 miles of state border fences? Who's gonna pay for that?

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Based on Obama's performance there is no doubt among people with an IQ above room temperature that I made the right choice.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just curious. How has your 401(k) done since November 2008?

McCain lost primarily because of 1) Bush43 hangover and 2) a tanking economy. Take those two out of the equation, and I truly believe the block of cement could have been a heartbeat away from the Oval Office.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Winners win.

MisterCreosote likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

McCain also lost in no insignificant degree because of the block of cement herself.

I know a few women who were on the fence on the election as a whole, but were seriously pissed at the transparent pandering of sticking a functional mental incompetent into the No. 2 slot in the belief she would attract millions of votes simply on the basis of possessing a uterus.

They were no great fans of Obama and probably would have backed McCain had he grabbed Mitt or some other generic corporate Republican as his Veep choice, but he went with the Wasilla Wingnut.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Have you told those women you were smarter than them when you were 10?

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Nor am I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.