1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

My right to not be shot trumps your right to own a gun.

schiezainc likes this.
  2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Oh. I'm sorry. I should have realized mass killings are OK as long as, statistically, things are trending downward.
    Sure, someone might shoot up a mall and kill 45 kids visiting Santa but it's OK because, statistically, the overall number of individuals getting murdered is less than it was 30 years ago.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Never said it was OK - I said this narrative of this outbreak of gun violence worse than we've ever seen is ridiculous and false

4. Smallpotatoes

So what proof do you have that he's a Muslim?

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So your answer, if I'm reading you correctly, is not to consider changes to gun regulations or gun laws but to, instead, say "Well, shit happens brah."

6. Smallpotatoes

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You made up the "than we've ever seen" part in your own head. Nobody here said it.

8. Smallpotatoes

Oh and that's a bullshit argument. Don't ever do it again.

9. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

I have been impressed by the professionalism of the law enforcement agencies of San Bernardino County in response to this. From what I can tell they:

-quickly interviewed witnessess and gained valuable intelligence about the main suspect

-surveiled suspects' residence and waited for them to come out before engaging, minimizing danger to themselves, possible innocents inside and neighbors.

-successfully used pursuit tactics to stop the SUV quickly, and avoid a long televised spectacle.

-effective shooting tactics killed the terrorists with no civilian or friendly fire causalities.

-even handed, matter of fact, no "my men are heroes" communication with the media

Brian, Alma and YankeeFan like this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Their communications were a clinic in how you do it. Say what you know. Cut press conference short when questions get repetitive or no longer involve questions about fact. No political leaders.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Then there should be little worry about letting 20,000 Syrian refugees in, right?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

"Going Postal" looks like the new narrative that's been settled on;

Draft saved Draft deleted