1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Better yet, how would those guns stop the government from taking them anyways with all the firepower and equipment it has?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Welcome to SJ, Mr. Tofel.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That wasn't the narrative advanced on "Morning Joe." It was pretty much all about terrorism, in light of the planning, the accomplice, and the recent trip to Saudi Arabia, where he met his wife and brought her back.

Until I checked this thread, I honestly had thought the "going postal" theory was so Dec. 2.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's the first chapter of the Alinsky book. They first have to build strawmen to knock down. So they lie and say Sandy Hook didn't bother anyone.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One, stop watching Morning Joe. Life will seem brighter. Two, because this crime contains elements of two different mass murder patterns, the disgruntled employee and Islamic terrorism but is also kind of not like either, speculation is going to continue on two tracks until there's more information. As I noted last night, the authorities seem truly up in the air about it.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Even better, the neighbor was highly suspicious but didn't bother to report anything because she didn't want to be guilty of "profiling." Thanks, liberals!!!!

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I take it that "right-wing Christian terrorist" is trading at a severe discount this morning.

old_tony likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't agree with everything on there, but I find it to be one of the most fair, even-handed, engaging issues-oriented shows out there. I don't watch cable news, for the most part. But when big national news breaks, I feel like this particular show is a good place to turn to get a fair discussion of what is going on.

10. YankeeFan

Yeah, and the mocking of people who were offering "thoughts and prayers" seems to have been dampened by the news that the shooter wasn't a Christian.

11. YankeeFan

Pete Williams on MSNBC is reporting that he recently became MORE RELIGIOUS. He grew a beard. Went on the Hajj. Married a nice Saudi girl.

If Islamic terrorism isn't related to Islam, why is that the more religious one becomes, the more likely he is to participate in it?

12. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Damn, I was hoping I could be pissed at both the terrorists and the lack of gun control. Oh well.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted