1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not sure how that changes anything. I think the mocking was over sending prayers rather than doing something about easy access to weapons.

Are you suggesting the shooters had to travel to Saudi Arabia to acquire firearms?

2. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Yay, 2nd Amendment!

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I
    If we could just clean up all the liberal-voting areas of big cities it would be barely a blip on the radar screen.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Why is that?

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I go to bed early one night and this thread gets bukkaked by lunatics.

Songbird likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm so glad it's Christmas season, so that we can be reminded of the boundless good that religion does for the world.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's been repeated several times that it doesn't fit the pattern of radical Islamic terrorism. Don't we kind of have to wait and see what he said when he stormed the room? It seems like the most likely scenario at this point, with some variance from a typical scheme because this seems to have been a Tsarnaev-style two-man job.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You must be new.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Tsarnaevs were different in that it was a bombing those two morons thought they'd get away with clean. They didn't imagine they were risking capture. Whatever their motives, these two appear to be more dangerous because they were slightly more intelligent. I also have to assume that if they had shouted some religious catchphrase, we'd have heard about it. There were survivors, and the authorities must have talked to most if not all of them by now.
    Why couldn't it be both motives? An aggrieved employee and his wife taking vengeance on his perceived enemies using religion to justify the act?

SnarkShark likes this.
  10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Could say the same about the TV and film industry. I'd say it's time for you to change your line of work and try to do some good in the world.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Given the availability of tactical and tactic-cool gear (every major sporting goods store, Amazon, etc.), there are probably a couple million folks who could gear up in a similar fashion in just a few minutes.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You know, I never used to feel that all-in-all religion was a bad thing. Starting to change my views.

It's such a handy excuse to smite whoever the hell you want to smite.

SnarkShark likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted