1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

A significant portion of the country has earned that sneering contempt.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I didn't think you painted with broad brushes, Mike.
    I hate being condescended to by a man who played golf while heads were being sawed off on the banks of the Euphrates.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Begging the question ...

old_tony likes this.
  4. RickStain

Besides the fact that it's incredibly creepy to compare a religious document to a political one, I'm finding the idea that the Lord brought me out of Egypt to be a bit outdated. I'm not sure how much keeping the Sabbath holy is going on these days in Christian circles, outside of the Adventists.

5. RickStain

Would you like to outline that? List the premises from that post, and the conclusion, and how the premises assumed the conclusion was true.

6. doctorquant

We need a new constitution. Why? Because it's been 50 years since we changed the constitution.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Oh, my...

dixiehack likes this.
  8. doctorquant

We have the exact same constitution that we had 50 years ago. How can you be sure? Because we've only changed it three times in the last 50 years.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Susan Sontag is self-indulgent overrated crap.

But is she better than Shakespeare?

10. RickStain

We need a new constitution because the country has significantly changed in the last 50 years. If the country were identical to what it was 50 years ago, or even functionally similar, we wouldn't.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If a house was terribly built and fell down, killing the occupants, Republicans would blame Obama for slamming the door when he went outside.

12. RickStain

OK, so tools are tools regardless of how they are likely to be used. So it's OK to distribute cheap needles on the streets to fight disease? Condoms in high schools?

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted