1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Then that should have been ruled unconstitutional.

The deal is, the Constitution doesn't make our laws. It's there to guarantee our rights -- to protect them FROM government -- and to set the process for government to make and execute those laws.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The government doesn't make and execute laws for funsies. It does it because it plays an important role in regulating society and protecting us from ourselves and others. It can't do that job properly because it's outdated. The mere existence of the second amendment is a fantastic example.

I can give all kinds of respect to conservatives on many issues, especially economic ones. But there is no room for any such respect on gun control. We have an out-of-control problem with the presence of guns in civilian hands, and the existence of an amendment written by people dead over 200 years to protect their muskets from British soldiers is keeping us from addressing it properly.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Stupid is saying anyone is "justifying" the shooters in any of these instances. Those are your words. Wear them proudly.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dude looks stoned:

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Looks like a blank white space to me.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

These creatures slaughtered the same people who threw them a baby shower earlier this year.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You're assuming that but for the 2nd amendment we'd address it properly. I don't have a full panel of polling info at the ready, but the most recent Gallup I can get my hands on puts the percentage against a handgun ban at 70+. Since any substantive gun control is going to have to deal with handguns, it doesn't seem to me that the 2nd is the issue.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Well, then, it failed miserably in that case. Complete and total failure.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Horse shit

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say a complete failure, but you're correct that government has been trampling on our rights lately and we need better protection from it. Maybe if we actually followed the Constitution...

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, there he is! Guess I just wasn't patient enough.

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted