1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That was on "Morning Joe." I saw it when he said it. I knew the screech-o-sphere was going to latch onto it.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

My best friend is Pakistani. He's Muslim by birth, but an atheist in practice.

I'm not worried about him killing anyone. He's a cardiologist, and his dad is also a doctor.

We don't have to paint every Muslim with a broad brush.

But, we should also acknowledge the problem. We should also think about the previous generation of Muslim immigrants, and how they may be different than the current generation.

A generation ago, we had Muslims who wanted to get away from Theocracies, or who literally could not return to their home countries, due to revolutions that happened while they were studying here.

Now, we're getting a lot of folks seeking a better economic situation or fleeing a war torn area, but they aren't necessarily looking to embrace American/Western values.

Islam around the world has also become more dogmatic in the last 30 years.

We used to get doctors, and engineers. We're getting a lot of religious Muslims now, who are potential targets for "radicalization".

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Maybe all these media members aren't playing dumb.

old_tony likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

You say it like we shouldn't latch on to it.

It's an insane statement. And, it's how people really think.

It's why our SoS can see a rationale for shooting up cartoonists and Jews.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's fine. It was dumb. But he was rambling.

6. YankeeFan

Yeah, but his mind went there for a reason. He thinks that in the mind of a Muslim, a "Christmas" party might be enough of a "trigger" to make someone shoot it up.

A: That's racist

2: It's dumb

RickStain likes this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

People can get duped while still knowing the outcome of said duping.

That's part of what makes them weak-minded.

I leave open the idea that a good number of them are just despicable people who choose bloodshed.

But the cult factor cannot be discounted. It's pretty well documented the type of people terrorists look to recruit.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The landlord is giving the media of the suspect's (suspects' ?) apartment. You have got to be kidding me [/JohnMcEnroe]

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Can someone list these for me? Because quite frankly, I don't think there are many core American/Western values left that we agree about.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

That's a good thing for Radical Islam.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Well, it's not like the Muslim world is united, either. There's a few refugees fleeing the IS thugs who aren't on board the radical Islam train.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Looks like he married a terrorist.

Draft saved Draft deleted