1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Speaking of traditional Western values, ladies and gentlemen, the Christian religion:

George sites a survey in which nearly 6,000 pastors were asked how they would counsel women who came to them for help with domestic violence. Twenty-six percent would counsel them the same way Marleen's pastor did: to continue to "submit" to her husband, no matter what. Twenty-five percent told wives the abuse was their own fault—for failing to submit in the first place. Astonishingly, 50 percent said women should be willing to "tolerate some level of violence" because it is better than divorce.

Domestic Violence within the Church: The Ugly Truth

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

Oh, and it looks like we did a bang up job of vetting her application:

Malik came to the U.S. on what is known as a “fiancé” visa, which allows an American fiancé to petition for his or her partner’s temporary entry before marriage. For the visa application, the address she listed in her Pakistani hometown, ABC News discovered today, does not exist. Malik received a her Green Card this summer, U.S. officials said.

First Photo of Female San Bernardino Shooter Tashfeen Malik

Songbird likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

Your mainstream media:

5. YankeeFan

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

In my area -- good ole stodgy non-diverse Texas -- there are lots of women who do so. Inevitably I'll have one or two graduate students who wear burkas. Just this last term I had two (in separate classes) and it was kind of bizarre ... imagine a semi-valley girl voice, with a very non-specific American accent, and all the conversational quirks we've come to associate with millennials, but she's wearing a burka.

Earlier this fall I had one of our kids at the doctor's office, and in came, with a baby in a car carrier, a woman in the full veil (just the slit for the eyes). She checks in, sits down in the waiting room, and OF COURSE pulls out the phone. Within a minute she's on the horn with someone, and if you'd have closed your eyes you'd swear you were listening to a typical suburbanite mom.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If you replace "GOP" with "fundamentalist Christians" and ISIS with "extremist Islam," I'd probably agree. They're like twin brothers separated at birth, and one got adopted by the rich side of town.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Wrong site.

old_tony likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Well, let's see:

Both believe government should be based upon their religious beliefs

Both believe kids should pray to their God in school

Both believe women cannot make decisions about their own body.

Both believe that if you don't support them, then you are unpatriotic

Both believe gays are inferior to heterosexuals and shouldn't be allowed the same rights.

Am I missing anything?

SnarkShark and TigerVols like this.
  10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And the current polling leader for the GOPs presidential nomination says we need to kill the innocent civilian families of our opponents in order to win. So there's no moral highground there.

11. Baron Scicluna

We kill the innocent civilian families = USA!, USA!

They kill one of our ambassadors = OUTRAGE! How dare they! Impeach the president!

GOP logic at its finest.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted