1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

LTL, I'm fine with a discussion of gun control at any time. What bugs me in these circumstances is that, practically speaking, we might just as well be talking about adopting Scientology (pace Tom Cruise) as a national religion. As far as I can tell anything being discussed doesn't put us within five zip codes of actually affecting the likelihood of these things happening. So, really, what's the point?

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Pssst. They're ignoring that angle.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I've had no problem calling this a terrorist attack.

What if they couldn't buy the guns, though? It seems if we have all these terrorists in our midst, limiting their ability to buy high-powered weapons would be an essential part of reducing the chance of a terrorist attack.

But how about we meet here after the next white guy goes off and then we'll see if it's OK to talk about gun control. Shouldn't be long before that happens.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You could say the same thing about taking our shoes off at the airport. At this point, I almost think the "sense of security" is more important than the actual security any measures would provide. Our nation is so frazzled. We feel helpless with a stymied Congress.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Al-Qaeda spokesman since killed in a drone strike

Here's another

That terrible law

If you don't support gun control, you support terrorism.

Thanks Baghdad Sunshine!

Stoney likes this.
  6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Were these two on a watch list? Or maybe you're saying you're in favor of denying gun ownership for certain people just to be safe.

old_tony likes this.
  7. Mr. Sunshine

I meant the law allowing the weapons to be purchased is terrible. I have to remember who I'm talking to next time and type slower.

old_tony likes this.
  8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Read a lot of Internet memes regarding California's strict gum laws, but it's irrelevant. If you can buy assault weapons anywhere else in the U.S. what good does a ban in Cali do? Doubt these terrorists were too worried about breaking that law.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Sure thing Baghdad Sunshine.

Feel free to use that or some variation when you invariably nuke, then return with yet another name.

10. Mr. Sunshine

You can't self-nuke anymore. Which reminds me -- Jeff must be behind on his PMs.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Two days after, a list of the names in a black box. I'd say that's a pretty strong editorial stance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Aren't they supposed to be on a watch list? They are Muslims after all.

Draft saved Draft deleted