1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

We should let them buy rocket launchers. Fuck it. They're going to make bombs anyway.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what's been funnier to see lately:

1: Democrats sudden reference for the terror watch list and the no-fly list (and the fact that they are two different lists, which confused many commentators)

B: Democrats insistence that it wasn't American-Muslims who were celebrating 9/11 -- it was Palestinians!

Ah. Glad we're all clear that thousands of Palestinians cheered 9/11. Now, please tell me more about your thoughts on the Middle East peace process.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I express my opinions here, and I imagine by now that it's obvious that I'm not in the "gun free zones cause massacres" camp. That said, I found a really good analysis of the issues with gun control and I'm going to link it. It's long, it's factual, and it was written by a man who knows what he's talking about. Larry Correia is now an author of F/SF who routinely lands in the top ten at Amazon. He writes what is basically pulp fiction about a company that works for the government hunting monsters. Yeah, I know it's junk writing. I also know that it's well done for what it is and that I'd be ecstatic if I made in a year what he gets in a quarterly royalty check.

In any case, he was exactly what he says early in the article - a weapons trainer and owner of a high end gun shop, including full automatic weapons for police and military. He's a bright guy, he has thought about these issues for years, and he has much actual experience in dealing with existing gun laws. His arguments make good sense and make me think. Presented for fairness, because I *try* not to knee-jerk my prejudices.

http://monsterhunternation.com/2015/06/23/an-opinion-on-gun-control-repost/

4. YankeeFan

The Times makes the argument that, "other nations are trying!"

That's one step up from, "if it will save one life."

And, I'm sorry if I'm not moved by the Times call for shared sacrifice, which requires mo sacrifice from the vast majority of people who support the Times editorial positions.

5. YankeeFan

Neutral Corner announced his presence here with a declaration that he most a mostly apolitical, fair and neutral observer of our political squabbles.

I'm shocked to learn he's just a basic liberal.

6. YankeeFan

Yes. We could do that. Would you make a point at the end of such an exercise?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

But that's exactly the point. The powers that be in Vatican City circa 2015 are no longer putting unbelievers in an iron maiden, no longer burning heretics at the stake...but the true believers in Mecca are doing just that today. Or have you not seen any of the dozens of orange jump suit videos available on the Internet?

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Someone should wage a 14-plus year war against those people and kill hundreds of thousands of them.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What's the point of trying to make points on this topic? The proper response for mass shootings is to shrug and realize they are the price we pay for living in the USA. Nothing will/can be done to prevent them. Hell, we might as well break out the 'Merica meme when they happen.

10. YankeeFan

Well, I guess I'm glad I didn't spend any time writing a post that compared and contrasted gun laws in America and Israel, since, apparently, I would not have been rewarded by your attempt to make a point.

11. YankeeFan

Maybe we should acknowledge that the war didn't begin on 9/11, or with the invasion of (the "secular" dictatorship of) Iraq.

The war began with Mohammed, and the founding of Islam. It's unending, and has been uninterrupted.

We really need to stop wondering what we've done to inspire them. Their inspiration comes from their Prophet, and from their Holy Book.

SnarkShark likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He probably sneaks out and votes on the down low

Draft saved Draft deleted