1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Did you bother to read the link, YF? I thought it made some very good points that were in direct opposition to many that I personally have posted in this thread.

Intellectual honesty. You should try it some time.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Donny in his element likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You've got to love the name of the religious advisor quoted in the LA Times:

At the Islamic Center of Southern California in Los Angeles, religious advisor Jihad Turk told about 700 people not to retreat from the larger society, as uncomfortable as they may feel following both the San Bernardino and Paris massacres by those professing to be Muslim.

"This is not an option," said Turk, who trains imams and scholars for America through his Bayan Claremont Islamic Graduate School.

Muslims should step up good works after mass shooting, leaders say in Friday prayers

Yeah, I'm sure the guy whose parents named him Jihad grew up in a moderate family, that loves Western values.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's some serious revisionist history of the world.

But, hey, you get to demonize Muslims. Others get to vilify firearms. I guess those people didn't die in vain after all. They died to power your message board rants.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Please. Tell me all about the peaceful spread of Islam.

Tell me all about the period of world history when Islam was not trying to dominate its neighbors, and ultimately the world.

That's not only the goal of Islam, it's the obligation of its followers.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

This is the kind of thinking that will get you banned from places elsewhere on the Internet.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So, kill 'em all?

BDC99 likes this.
  7. Mr. Sunshine

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say these questions will not be answered.

old_tony likes this.
  8. Mr. Sunshine

You've trotted this one out before. You know that's not what he is saying. There are a number of points between appeasement/ignorance and "kill "em all."

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Except the KKK doesn't espouse anything positive in its belief system. It's all about alleged superiority.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

He could have had a career in the NFL as a special teamer.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Remember to high-five the person next to you for that quip.

12. Baron Scicluna

Maybe we should ask some of those detained after 9/11 how they felt about surrendering their rights.

Draft saved Draft deleted