1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Government can legally take land to built stadiums and arenas. Any compulsory confiscation law, though, would end up in the Supreme Court.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

There's no way that will ever even be proposed. Shit, we can't even limit what people have access to at this point. But fuckin Obama is examining his executive order options. He's coming for em. Finally. Sigh.

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

You can insult me all you like. It doesn't change the fact that what you wrote was confusing because you left out at least one key word. While I have an idea of what you probably meant, I'm really am not sure. Did you even reread what you wrote?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It just was proposed -- in the first A1 NYTimes editorial in 85 years!

5. YankeeFan

6. JohnHammond

I re-read it and corrected it. Don't dance around it next time.

7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I didn't dance around it. I asked you what you were trying to say. Instead of looking at your words, you lashed out with insults. At least it makes sense now.

8. JohnHammond

9. YankeeFan

At least it's not as riddled with pop-ups and auto play videos as the Washington Times site is, but I'm not going to defend it.

10. YankeeFan

LOL. ISIS isn't just un-Islamic, not they're Apostates!

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

OK, I read the NYT editorial ... and as with most newspaper editorials, was underwhelmed. The issue of gun control has become like abortion for me: both sides are so entrenched, and so unwilling to even listen to the other side, that we're stuck with the status quo.

Maybe all the debate, anger and political hot air spewed over gun control/defending the second amendment could be directed at helping the marginalized people who seem to commit most of these massacres.

Yankee Fan and I have bantered a bit about American values, and I think all of us agree the right to defend your family from harm is one of those. For many people, that right involves gun ownership.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Oh, and @YankeeFan, you made several good points about how IS and the radical Islam terrorists associated with it are a political as much as a religious organization.

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted