1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

For the same reason government can take away your property. They can claim a greater public purpose.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We need Alex Jones to get the gravity truthers riled up.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No, the reporter was pointing out that there was nothing that made them really stand out to their neighbors that they were terrorists. Merely being a Muslim doesn't mean that you're a terrorist.

4. Inky_Wretch

Mirrors what the preeminent Islamic scholars across the ME have said. ISIS is Westboro Baptist writ large.

BDC99 likes this.
  5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You'll get no argument from me on that. The question is, does that include military style weapons and unlimited rounds? I dont think so. If you want military weapons you should have to go through a stringent screening process and be held responsible if it is used in a crime. Gun violence will never go away, but mowing down multiple people in seconds cant be a common occurrence

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Stop. Nobody is taking away anything

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The leader of ISIS reportedly has a BA, MA and PhD in Islamic Studies from the Islamic University of Baghdad.

What are Kerry's Islamic credentials that he purports to call al-Baghdadi an apostate?

And, you know we gave bin Laden a Muslim funeral. We provide Al Qaeda prisoners at Gitmo with the Koran, and Halal meals.

Islamic terrorists are the only group whose religious self identification we reject, and we do so only because we don't like the doctrinal interpretation of their religion, not because it breaks with doctrine.

8. Inky_Wretch

Every time Westboro is brought up as an example of intolerant Christianity, we say they aren't true Christians nor representative of most Christians.

And I said nothing of Kerry's credentials. There was an article months ago with Islamic scholars from the ME explaining how ISIS are apostates. I'd Google for you, but my phone is at 15% and I'm half a mile from the cabin up in a treestand. So I'm shutting it down until I get back.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

#jelly

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

We should probably ban refugees and fiance visas because it will be too easy for them to get guns when they get here.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

We'll get there eventually. It'll take generations, but we will.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted