1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Clearing a TV channel for an hour of decent programming?

old_tony and JC like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

YF, here's a story about Muslim scholars denying the legitimacy of the philosophy and dogma of ISIS.

Muslim Clerics Blast ISIS: You Pervert Islam

And TigerVols, it was a glorious day in the woods. Nothing worth pulling the trigger on, but I did get some decent photos of some squirrels and a few does. Venison chili and jalapeño cornbread for dinner.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

UAB football games usually go more than an hour, and I don't know if I'd classify that as decent programming.

4. Neutral Corner

Aw, you haven't poked at me about UAB in a couple of months, Baron. Fair enough, I gored your ox first, tongue in cheek or not.

I guess it's time to for a write up on what's going on with my Blazers.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Christianity was no better.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

From AP:

The FBI has not said what it was looking for in a raid early Saturday at the home next door to where San Bernardino shooter Syed Farook's family used to live in Riverside, California.

Neighbors say authorities with guns drawn broke windows and used a cutting torch to get into the garage. A neighbor says an old friend of Farook's is the person that lives in the house.

A law enforcement official says that more than three years ago, that person bought two assault rifles later used in the shooting, but authorities haven't been able to talk to him because he checked himself into a mental hospital after the attack. The official was not allowed to discuss the investigation publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

The FBI has said the man is not a suspect in shootings, though they want to question him.

8. Neutral Corner

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

???

10. Neutral Corner

"The FBI has said the man is not a suspect in shootings, though they want to question him."

Ya think?

I imagine they are working on that rather urgently.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Ah. Gotcha. Was more interested in the fact that he apparently purchased the guns.

12. Neutral Corner

Given all we're hearing about the wife being the Isis convert, I'm interested in the timeline. They married in August, 2014. Why would he buy *two* assault rifles three years ago? Yeah, drop the empty and grab a loaded one, but a mag swap on an M-4 if pretty quick if you have any proficiency at all.

Also interesting that the straw buyer was his next door neighbor. Either he was a friend/acquaintance who did a favor, or the two are connected and moved in side by side.

We'll hear soon enough.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted