1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

OK, I'll buy that, though to be fair, he wasn't specifying white-owned, so much as not foreign/Muslim.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, he didn't point a finger at blacks, which is something, I guess. Although we all know a lot of them are Mooslims, too. One even infiltrated the White House.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'm just curious how he ever gets any work done.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I love this. The media is so predictable, and so responsive to anything Trunp says.

Not only are Muslim-Americans wonderful, peaceful people -- they're better than us!

That's right. Among other things, CNN tells us that:

They have more gender equality

The shocking truth about Muslims in America - CNN.com

Yep. Muslim-American women are not treated like second class citizens. They go to school, and get advanced degrees. And, a full 90% of Muslim-Americans agree that women should be able to work outside the home.

(I love the link the CNN reporter used to back up the 90% number. In it, we learn among other things that among Muslim-Americans, "Fully 81% say that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilians are never justified."

Well, that's comforting.)

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

One-in-five ...

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Yep. All of 'em. Fully 81%.

And that's spun as a good thing!

But don't worry, that doesn't mean 19% of Muslim-Americans support suicide bombings:

As in 2007, very few Muslim Americans – just 1% – say that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets are often justified to defend Islam from its enemies; an additional 7% say suicide bombings are sometimes justified in these circumstances.

So, only 8% of the 3 million Muslim-Americans sometimes support suicide bombings. That's not a lot, is it?

10. YankeeFan

Willie Geist asking Trump this morning, "how would you do it? Would you ask people their religion at the airport?"

LOL.

11. YankeeFan

This is great too. Twitter is aghast that Trump refused to answer Mark Halpern's question bout whether FDR's internment of Japanese-Americans violated out values.

He said he wouldn't answer it because his pan was nothing like that.

Did I miss something. Is FDR no longer held in high esteem by the Democratic Party and the liberal media? When's the last time a Dem politician was called on to denounce FDR?

Should we rename government buildings, schools, etc., that are named for Roosevelt? We should really nail people down on this.

12. YankeeFan

Trump has obviously been over the top. Thankfully the media has been sober in their response:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted