1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Disagree vehemently. In fact, that would make the wagons circle even more. "They're all ganging up on him! That just shows he'll speak the truth when no one else will!"

Songbird likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Then Trump can talk about how much he wants to fuck Palin in addition to how much he wants to fuck his daughter.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That's a dangerous game. Even if he doesn't win, he's making the country worse by removing the shock value from racism, xenophobia, religious bigotry and sociopathic lying in politics. What was once unthinkable is becoming routine.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Are you saying he's going to win the election ?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think so. The GOP changed its primary rules -- ironically enough, to help JEB! and guard against someone like Trump. Whoever gets the most votes gets all the delegates. So to win the nomination, Trump only has to finish No. 1. If 33 percent vote Trump and 67 vote not-Trump but split it four ways, he wins the state.

Blog: New GOP rules designed to aid Bush are aiding Trump

6. Lugnuts

There are too many candidates in the field right now, folks.

This ain't panic time. And it ain't hard.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don't know. I think it's possible. But I'm not saying he'll win or that this whole thing won't crumble. I'm just saying if his campaign falls apart, it won't be because of anything the other candidates do. He's got a following that hasn't wavered in months through all sorts of attacks.

What seems more likely to me is that as others drop out, their support doesn't go to Trump, and his 30 percent or so doesn't grow much. Eventually, where there are only one or two others left, he'll fall behind.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That's what you get when you try to rig the game. It often comes back to bite you.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Once you start discussing this "plan" as re: its practical value, you open yourself up to the charge that you might consider doing some such thing if it actually would work. Nobody in his/her right mind (c.f., Donald Trump) is going down that path.

10. Lugnuts

If all the other candidates get behind, say... Rubio-- Trump loses.

It's fun to get all panicky and stuff, but it's simple math, guys.

I think Trump finishes a resounding second or third for the nomination, declares as an independent and takes a nice chunk out of the GOP vote...

... ushering in President Hillary Clinton.

And our evil plan WORKS ! Muwahahhahahaha !!!!!

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is a great point. We're playing this out at a far earlier juncture than ever before.

I figure it's all fun and games until Iowa and New Hampshire. And then either the problem removes itself or shit gets real.

However, if Trump does decide to go independent, that dooms the GOP too.

Lugnuts likes this.
  12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You know, it wouldn't be too big a leap for a conspiracy theorist to believe that was the plan all along -- that Trump is working with his buddies the Clintons to get Hillary to the White House in exchange for some favors once she's there.

SpeedTchr and Lugnuts like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted