1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm seeing a pretty good beat down on Twitter, Facebook and the mainstream media.

Too bad Iowa isn't tomorrow.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He'd be finished for sure! That said, I'm not going all-in on the Facebook/Twitter-o-Meter until I also know what Peggy Noonan's vibrations are telling her.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I love the people of sj.com but too many of you look far too much at twitter as the barometer of things.

#falsegod

MisterCreosote likes this.
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You don't believe in tweeting election play-by-play?

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Is Nate Silver a real god or a false god ?

Just checking.

6. Dick Whitman

I'd say his predictions are a little more reliable than perusing your personal Twitter feed or seeing what your junior high classmates on Facebook think about things.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And yet - if the election were held today Trump is virtually in a dead heat with Clinton.....which speaks to two things:

1.) Even the lefties know that Clinton is basically puke - you know, recycled crap that has been hanging around in our stomachs for years and years and years and now has been upchucked on the floor....

2) Trump is actually far more in touch with an American values than the snot-nosed liberal elitists in the media and they can't handle it. Yes, his over the top rants are reaching a cartoon character level of silliness - but Americans are tired of their constitution and their values being hijacked by a bunch of overreaching academic pinheads who think they are enlightened just because they walk around with rainbows on their lapels and change their Facebook photos to the French flag.

Until the first item is addressed, the Democrats will be, with a straight face, stuck trying to prop up a retread political version of Marty Schottenheimer as if she is their hero while the media/elitists in Hollywood and Beltway will continue to look stupid in their continued unsuccessful attempts to derail Trump while making him into an even bigger hero to an electorate that is searching for someone willing to take a stand against political correctness and the pussifying of America.

I am by no means a Trump supporter and wouldn't vote for him if he was the only one on the ballot - but it has been fun to watch as he ruffles the sensitivities of a bunch of self-important politically correct assholes who just don't understand why the majority of Americans just wish they'd shut the fuck up and are glad he daily makes fun of them.

8. Dick Whitman

The poll I saw this morning had her clobbering him 52-41.

9. zagoshe

10. Dick Whitman

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

But how many "likes" and "favorites" does each candidate have? Let's talk about something real for once.

12. zagoshe

Yes, 47 to 43.7 is such a blow out - when you consider the margin for error built into all the polls, it is pretty damn close to a virtual dead heat.

And more importantly, given what you hear, read and are told about Trump and Clinton it should be 85-10 in favor of Clinton but it is not.

The "backlash" against Trump is just not reality and the lefties in Hollywood and the media are now resorting to temper tantrums and banging their hands on the table to say "WAKE UP WAKE UP WE ARE SMART YOU SHOULD AGREE WITH US"

Draft saved Draft deleted