1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hey mom, you do realize the hand you're allowing to stroke your baby's face was probably inside his own daughter's panties sometime before lunchtime today? You really want that hand on your baby's skin?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'd be really curious to know how many of these visa applications get turned down. Are these stats available, and do they list the reason?

We know many Muslims are anti-Semites. Many hold anti-gay views. Many don't believe in equal rights for women.

And, at least some small percentage of Muslims worldwide believe waging violence against Western/American interests.

So, how many are turned down for any of these reasons?

Are Muslims ever denied a visa due to anti-Semitism?

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

What are the odds any of THOSE Muslims come here?

5. YankeeFan

I mean, you'd think that we'd deny some percentage of visas because they turned up such things, right?

Our screening process is very vigorous, so surely they would discover these things if they applied.

6. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

I don't think Godwin's Law applies to politicians who are actually channeling Hitler.

Whatever the case, I don't think it is a liberal or conservative thing to cite it.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Hitler was much more in tune with Muslim ideals.

old_tony likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

But, he's not channeling Hitler.

It's really possible to criticize Trump's plan all you want, without comparing it to wanting to exterminate a race of people.

Temporarily keeping out the adherents to a particular religion, from which we have faced multiple attacks, is not the same as wanting to kill all Jews, and to pretend it is is crazy.

9. YankeeFan

How dare you!

[​IMG]

10. YankeeFan

The Tsarnaev family received a tourist visa before being granted asylum.

The Times Square bomber received a student visa.

The guy who inspired the Garland, TX shooters received a refugee visa.

And, the Jihadi burqa babe got a fiancé visa.

But, I'm sure there are no problems with our visa programs.

11. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

I was being slightly facetious. I wouldn't compare Trump to Hitler because it is a lazy comparison. If the people who are doing it are equating his policy proposal as the moral equivalent of exterminating Jews, then that's pretty silly. But if they are comparing Trump's rise to the beginning of Hitler's rise to power, then it is at least more interesting to think about, because there are some parallels. Again, not that Trump has given any indication that he is a zealot on the level of Trump. But thematically, it's at least fascinating to wonder what the early 30's felt like in Germany, or anywhere where an arch-nationalist rises to power. Not sure Hitler was giving stump speeches about the Final Solution.

12. YankeeFan

Unless you think Trump's ultimate goal is to exterminate some race of people currently residing in the U.S., even a comparison to their respective "rises" makes no sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted