1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

As long as other people get killed, what do you care?

old_tony likes this.
  2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Don't drive, either.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree Mr. S. The government should protect its citizens. We remove the Muslim threat.

Then expand the powers of the EPA to clean the environment; get serious about workplace safety; then get rid of sugary drinks, alcohol, toaster pastries and Hot Pockets.

We'll all be safer.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Modern American liberalism is an ideology that demands strict adherence. Nothing is more important to its true believers than keeping the faith. Whatever it takes. It's very similar to something else.

old_tony likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I hope everyone got their flu shot.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Not all threats are the sane. You are just showing ignorance by trying to make this equivalency argument. It's silly and you know it. Make a thoughtful point.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

These are examples of the government acting to remove threats or warn citizens of the dangers. And the majority of the people who want to takes steps against all Muslims really hate the government for butting in in these other areas.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Try again.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

National defense and public health are not all that dissimilar.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Sadly, this is just another issue for which any middle ground is elusive. We don't need to ban all Muslims, but we also don't need to write off attempts to strengthen our immigration policies. Donald Trump doesn't represent the thoughts of the average Republican voter any more than cranberry represents the thoughts of the average Democratic voter.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

But, in reality, isn't it a difference without a distinction?

Saudi and Pakistan are 96/97% Muslim, so if you ban entry to people from those countries, you know we're talking about Muslims.

And, those two countries alone would have covered where most of our problems have come from.

If you extend it to Iraq, Syria, Libya, and a few others, you're basically there.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I understand that neither our Constitution nor our values is a suicide pact. That said, I guess what I wonder is, if we follow Trump's policy, what are we fighting for to begin with? Just a hunk of land?

Blacks pose a far greater threat to America than Muslims, right? We could theoretically ship out every black American tomorrow, and violent crime would be reduced drastically.

Draft saved Draft deleted