1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The black thing is what's always going to prevent Dick from an sj.com Poster of the Year award.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

No one is writing off those attempts. They're writing off this particular attempt.

And, there is likely a middle ground to be found. Using public health as a template, for example, we don't require any immunizations to visit the U.S. - unlike many other countries that will detain and quarantine you at the border if you haven't gotten them. However, if you want a legal resident visa, you have to show proof of current vaccinations for more than a dozen diseases.

Disease infection and immune status are also easily and objectively quantified.

If you want legal status and protections here, it's reasonable to get some assurance that you're not a terrorist. How you do that, I have no idea, but I know it should be more than self-identification. At its best, it's still going to be subjective and largely based on self reporting.

For others, are we really going to detain everyone at the border based solely on their religious ideology, which we don't even really have a way of knowing for sure? How would we pay for it? How does arbitrary and potentially limitless detention not go against our stated "values"?

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Conservatism.

franticscribe likes this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I think Hillary and Trump are both bad choices for the country, but my thoughts and concerns go beyond thoughtless devotion to a limited political ideology.

I've said my piece on this issue. Good luck to those of you trying to figure out why Yankee Fan reads.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't suppose you could show us an example of this in any of your posts under any of your handles over the past 10 years?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What "black thing"?

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's a mark of disrespect, much like referring to people as members of the "Democrat Party".

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This is one of the most Dick Whitman-esque posts in the history of Dick Whitman. I'll give the guy credit, he does know how to throw flames, and his recent restraint with "the word" is duly noted ...must be killing him.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What???

Like wtf are you talking about?

It's nothing of the sort.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

What's up with it?

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nothing. It's just short for Saudi Arabia.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is it not the case that if we could get rid of all the blacks in America tomorrow that the violent crime rate in the country would be reduced by several orders of magnitude?

Draft saved Draft deleted