1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Only the second one. I'm not disputing that Trump is playing on fear.

2. doctorquant

I think Bernie identifies as a lefty more than anything else.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Well, I do think that's fair to say.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I don't see how it doesn't help the radical groups' cause. It's part of how these groups operate -- preying on people who feel like outcasts.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And why do you follow Bernie Sanders on Facebook? :)

6. doctorquant

I don't, but I have a lot of friends who do. I'm a tolerant sort when it comes to that kind of thing,

BDC99 likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I was really looking forward to his visit to the Temple Mount:

8. YankeeFan

So, the K-1 visa problem might not be as bad as I thought.

Turns out, the Russian sisters, married to the shooters gun buying, Muslim convert buddy, and his older brother didn't come here on K-1's.

No, they came in on visas meant for people taking part in an educational or cultural program. Then they entered into sham marriages, and stuck around.

Federal agents are also investigating the circumstances of Marquez's November 2014 marriage to Mariya Chernykh, whose sister is married to Syed Raheel Farook, the shooter's older brother. The sisters are from Russia, according to marriage records.

The women came to the United States on J-1 visas, according to a federal official who spoke on condition of anonymity. Such visas are a common way for people who aren't planning to immigrate to visit the U.S. for educational and cultural programs.

Chernykh could not be reached for comment Wednesday, but Marquez's friends and neighbors said there was little evidence he and Chernykh had a typical marriage, or that they even shared an address.

Viviana Ramirez, 23, who met Marquez in an online forum for students at Riverside City College, said he did not live with his wife and never fully explained his domestic situation. On one of the few occasions that Marquez opened up to her about his personal life, Ramirez remembered him confessing that he and his new wife were "not clicking."

Brittani Adams, who lives a few doors down from Farook's brother in Corona, said it looked like Chernykh lived there with her sister and brother-in-law. Marquez visited the house from time to time, but Adams said she never saw him with Chernykh. When she learned on the news that the couple was married, she said, she was shocked.

Enrique Marquez, who bought rifles used in San Bernardino attack, had deep ties to gunman

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Another lie. Shocking.

10. YankeeFan

I knew you'd enjoy this.

But, I wouldn't call it a lie. Bibi doesn't want to meet with him, and I'd bet he got pressure from the WH on this. So, what's Trump going to do? There's no point making the trip if the PM is going to snub you.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

"I'll rebuild the temple. A luxurious temple. The best temple you've ever seen. They'll be like, 'Who was that Solomon guy, anyways?' That's how luxurious it'll be. It'll blow your mind."

SpeedTchr and dixiehack like this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He said he was going, now he's not. A lie.

Draft saved Draft deleted