1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

San Bernardino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And you, Mr. Republican Conservative New York Times junkie, tried to mislead us! Stick to fixing coffee machines!!111!!!!, you heathen ass.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Goddammit. Six in 10 is not hyphenated! Morans.

Inky_Wretch, YankeeFan and Songbird like this.
  3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This memorization, which feels as if is by rote, is problematic for me. I get a sense of it being done just for "test" purposes, or something, without any real thought or feeling or understanding of the message as it may be supposed to be taken to heart and lived.

Kind of like a Rainman type of thing, or, when I was kid, memorizing what to say when I went into the confessional box (or the "Hail, Mary" prayers I was assigned as penance afterward) at the Catholic church we attended. We all knew what to say -- could recite it verbatim, even. But it usually meant nothing to us at the time.

Not that it had to, or should have been, that way. But it was.

4. Songbird

5. Songbird

I'm no gun guy but this is a pretty sexy looking gun.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone has a problem with how anyone worships, or what God they worship.

The problem comes in when they extoll hate, violence, and/or the overthrow of our "Founding Principles".

It's not about Islam as a religion. If it was simply that they treated Friday as the Sabbath, and prayed facing Mecca, no one would care.

But, let's remember what Farook's preacher said:

Muslims (the followers of Islam) view their religion as comprehensive, often called “a way of life,” for in the Islamic paradigm, nothing falls outside the influence of religion.

The problem comes when they embrace a comprehensive belief system that is contrary to American law, and Western values.

We should condemn hate, even, and maybe especially, when it's cloaked in religion.

When the leaders of the largest Mosque in Chicagoland condemn Western culture, praise Palestinian suicide bombers, and encourage members to view society in stark terms: Muslims against the world, my issue with them is not a sign that I do not embrace religious liberty.

When a Mosque allows it's members to sit around and watch propaganda videos, I have a problem with that Mosque.

If Muslims want to sit down while taking a piss, let them have at it. But, if they want make me to do the same, they can go fuck themselves.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    SnarkShark likes this.
  8. Songbird

The Chocago Cobs will be awesome next season.

9. Songbird

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're a pain in the ass.

Songbird likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And that mindset is different than Christianity how?

I think one of the problems with Islam is there is no governing body. The mosque in Chicago doesn't answer to a bishop like a mainline protestant or Catholic church. Anybody can open a mosque and call themselves an imam. Then they teach what they want (in this case radicalized ideas). Warren Jeffs decides to practice polygamy, the LDS leadership excommunicates him. Nobody sees what he does and thinks Mormons or their faith are in favor of raping young girls. There's nobody to excommunicate the imam who preaches hateful ideas that are contrary to what hundreds, if not thousands, of Islamic scholars say the Koran and Hadith teach.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Trump loves hate

Draft saved Draft deleted