1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former hedge fund manager acquires life-saving drug, raises price 5,555% to $750/pill

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Sep 21, 2015.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm being a bit of a devil's advocate here, but this guy's doing a good job of showing just how fucked up (and ripe for corrupt exploitation) the U.S. drug approval regime is.

Ace likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Frankly, this guy just puts a human face on the entire U.S. health care industry.

TigerVols and BDC99 like this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

C'mon, man ...

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Even for as fucked up a group as Big Pharma CEO's this guy is a 0.o1%er.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

MSNBC just said he's been arrested by the FBI.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The arrest was related to his time at Retrophin, which I posted about above. ... early on this thread. I have no idea what kind of securities fraud they are going after him for, but there were always pump and dump shenanigans surrounding his time there, and the company was suing him for plunder. As I said in the post above, I certainly wouldn't have been surprised to find out that he was up to fiscal shenanigans @ Retrophin. If he gets himself jailed for securities fraud. ... well, that usually requires a healthy amount of hubris.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. This is shocking news.
    Shocking.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's like holding in the NFL. Could probably arrest every damn Wall Street exec for something if you looked hard enough at the shit they pull.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That is probably true, but this guy strikes me as the sort that thinks he is so much smarter than the idiots around him that he fails to take simple precautions and gets hammered.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

He'd better stock up on butthurt pills.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hey! We got the first prison ass rape joke!

Not surprised by who made it.

Draft saved Draft deleted