1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia seizes Federal building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You mean, like a missile or two?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, not exactly. I was thinking of something like armored vehicles, maybe some tear gas. I don't think you just try to kill them for occupying a remote visitor's center.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sweet Jesus, quit trolling. You're better than that.

ISIS should be bombed off the face of the Earth. Every drone we can make should be used against them. But, yes, I don't want boots on the ground. If the other protesters broke the law, jail them.

And it's not a "bird sanctuary" it's a National Wildlife Refuge that is open for hiking, camping and hunting to the general public. It's as much your land as it is the yokels in camo fingering their ARs. I guess if they took over the Washington Monument you'd be OK with actively trying to get them out?

Cliven Bundy continues to break the law that led to the standoff in 2014. He owes $1M and has no intention of paying it. Now his progeny are trying to turn Federal property into a militia compound, say they'll be there for years and are prepared to die to keep it.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

FBI, BLMPD, National Guard and the United States Military should help them keep their promise if they don't submit to arrest. Resistance should be futile.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Obama, fundamentally, has been averse to conflict, especially direct conflict.

7. YankeeFan

So, how should we end the Bundy occupation? You are arguing against patience. Do you want boots on the ground in this situation?

Take it up with local hero, Charlie Pierce. I get all my RWNJ news from him:

(This is also something you have to give to Captain Daniel Shays. He put a little more of his ass on the line. His act of armed sedition aimed a little higher than the occupation of the vacant headquarters of a bird sanctuary.)

What's Happening in Oregon Is Nothing Less Than Armed Sedition

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Anyone calling for an immediate armed response support the same action against Wounded Knee in 1973, or do we have some AIM apologists lurking about?

9. YankeeFan

Alcatraz was occupied -- and resupplied -- for 19 months. People were allowed to come and go.

This must be what haunts Inky.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't think you can just ignore something like this. You don't want to escalate it or let them turn it into another Ruby Ridge. That's why I advocate cutting power and water and setting a hard perimeter. No one in, and out has to deal with the law.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Kiernan's on the case.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There's probably a sweet chess equivalent. What would it be?

Draft saved Draft deleted