1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia seizes Federal building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

They're not traditional Christians? Don't tell Inky. He'll be heartbroken.

2. Mr. Sunshine

This reminds me that Krakauer's best book is "Under the Banner of Heaven."

HC likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hi Sandy!

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I read that, and this one, back-to-back:

[​IMG]

It's pretty fascinating. They truly were at war with the US, and wanted to set up their own country.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Really a curious strategy by the cops out there. I realize that county is hardly staffed for something like this, nor the OSP and the FBI took a few days to arrive, but allowing media to head out there for daily pressers with armed militants? They doing it for recon purposes? Figure they would have cut off the roads and communications by now.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No outing! Hammond's going to tell the moderators and his Mommy on you.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yes. Because these traitors are armed and hoping to use their weapons. The other protesters you mentioned, while annoying, aren't threatening to kill anybody if they don't get their way.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Heard the call, is on his way!

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  9. tapintoamerica

Fascinating to me that these militia types claim to love the Constitution while hating the federal government. Who wrote the US Constitution? That's my question. It wasn't a group of hayseed state legislators who intended merely to be state legislators the rest of their lives. The group included two future Presidents of the United States.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Unless I was A) high, or 2) asleep during the 29 years of U.S. history I sat through, the Federal Fucking Government certainly didn't!

11. tapintoamerica

At times like these, I am reminded of a great song by the Bottle Rockets, "Wave That Flag."
    That good ole boy's a wavin' the Stars and Bars
    It's a red, white and blue flag, but it ain't ours.
    You can whistle Dixie all day long.
    If the tables turned, wouldn't you hate that song?
    Maybe being a rebel ain't no big deal,
    but if somebody owned your ass, how would you feel?

I'll make a deal with Confederate fetishists. If they want to worship that symbol, they give up the right to claim they love the United States of America and to imply, as their favorite political party does, that those in the other party are less than patriotic.

12. Mr. Sunshine

You're all over the map. Also, you'd be much better off quoting John Prine than the Bottle Rockets, although The Brooklyn Side is an underrated masterpiece.

Draft saved Draft deleted