1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia seizes Federal building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm kind of happy this thing has been drawn out a bit - that area's economy needed a lift.

gingerbread likes this.
  2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I definitely think the perimeter should be secured and the utilities cut off.

Yes, pipes will freeze and damage the property, but they will be isolated. They won't have press conferences or telephone or Internet or social media, they will run out of snacks, they will get cold and miserable and eventually they will come out and surrender to authorities. I'm not sure I would even negotiate. Just let them come out when they realize just how stupid they are.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Absolutely you don't negotiate. This time the message should be crystal clear: the only terms upon which this ends is us handcuffing and hauling your asses to jail. And we have nothing to discuss other than how and when that happens.

And I'm surprised the utilities weren't already cut off a couple days ago. That seems to me like a no brainer Step 1.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    gingerbread likes this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

We don't negotiate with TERRORISTS. OK, we do. But still, this is a very, very dangerous situation.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Terrorism is supposed to instill fear. Hard to call these guys terrorists when all they are instilling is a need to laugh and point at them.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So are these guys pissed off they cannot do what they want on land that is not theirs?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Easy for you to say. You don't work at a bid sanctuary. But, bird sanctuary employees all over the country are terrified they could be next!

Songbird likes this.
  8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I'm mocking. Or ironicing.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's ironimocking.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Basically, yes.

Despite the fact grazing rights on Federal land is way cheaper than any alternative they have.

11. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I only logged in to love this post

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How do you navigate without being logged in? You can't go to your last unread post.

It's a nightmare.

Draft saved Draft deleted