1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia seizes Federal building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, it might end up real well. I presume the protest group contains members who were real live veterans and really know how to handle guns. Let them open up on the posers and the Feds can just drag out the bodies when it's all over. Easy peasy.

What needs to happen is some of these fuckers need to get their heads shot off. That'll take some wind out of their sails.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have not looked at this yet, but the "Stolen Valor" vets are really pissy with guys who claimed to serve but didn't, or claim tabs or medals they did not earn. I'd linked to one of those sites calling out a couple of the guys involved for this a couple of days back. I'm not sure that it will come to an outright firefight, but they won't hesitate to out these guys to the press and make a big stink over it.

The first one was this: Phonies occupy BLM building in Oregon

Since then: Brian Cavalier; another phony Marine at Malheur

The Burns, Oregon standoff; you’re judged by your company

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

As they should be. We had a panhandler in town wearing a military jacket and using that to get sympathy/respect/money, not terribly far from our Air Force base. A Navy guy approached him because he recognized the patches or something and quickly figured out he was NOT a veteran. He demanded he hand over the jacket. Of course, he did.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have no problem with that at all. The site those links go to is all about that. It's run by a retired Army MSgt. who has no patience with it, good research skills and connections, and a platform to raise hell from. If you go to his home site and scroll the feed you'll find any number of such people that he has put under the hot lights.

BDC99 likes this.
  6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

It takes some expertise to fight. Doesn't take much skill to gun down an unarmed person. In a gunfight, the amateurs would be toast.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Lock and load, boys.

BDC99 likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

How do you pronounce "Malheur?" I've noticed that broadcast media avoid the name studiously.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Damn activist journalists.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Don't know how it's pronounced in America ... y'all do some real numbers on French names ... but interesting that it's the French word for 'misfortune'. ;)

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Roasted Nuts

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Had to share this one:

[​IMG]

Neutral Corner and cranberry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted