1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It was interesting to note which fast food joints were open for Christmas and which weren't.

In my little town, driving home from church around 10 a.m., the only chain that was open was Carl's Jr. — and the drive-thru line went around the building.

Not sure if McDonald's were closed nationwide, but they were here. My guess is individual franchisers decide whether or not to open.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Looking for something simple last night after an early movie (The Intern), ended up at Denny's. (The 24-hour Jack in the Box across the street was closed.) Denny's parking lot was jammed and we had a 15-20 minute wait at around 7:30 p.m., but we got to sit immediately at the counter, so we could see the hectic kitchen situation. Most of what was coming out of there were breakfast items -- pancakes, waffles, omelets, eggs/bacon/sausage. Probably a testimony to the fact it's hard to mess up breakfast, but typical lunch/dinner items are harder to do right and those are out of Denny's realm.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The only thing open in my town last night was Jack in the Box and they were doing land-office business.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Chinese, Sushi, Thai and Indian restaurants were all open last night and doing good to great. We wanted takeout after the movie and called the Asian place that does sushi, Chinese, Japanese and Thai and they were too busy to do take out. We called at 1pm to ask if they were doing take out and were told they would, they changed their mind. We've been there to eat in the last few Xmas nights and it was always packed. Reservations required or a 60-90 minute wait.
    We went to our go to Sushi-Japanese at the last minute and it was only half full. Because of the wife's chemo treatments, Sushi is the one food she has to avoid. But they do a great habachi and tempura

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Took my dad to Frankfurt Aeroport after his Thanksgiving visit. We checked him in then went upstairs to a fantastic food court, which included the nicest McDonald's I've ever eaten at. Long couch seating, endless new age designs for seating, eating standing up, TVs and news tickers ... and the menu had all kinds of tasty breakfast sandwiches, combos, reasonable pricing. The choices on various McCafe coffee drinks, cakes, muffins was as good as Starbucks but less expensive. I think McDonald's is watching the market and adapting to make it continue to work globally for a long, long run.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you think this board is churlish, check out the story comments. We're Up With People by comparison.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Hold up now. This makes no fucking sense. They're clogging up the already insane drive-thru at CFA to take orders, then serving you inside? What in the actual fuck? Why can't they TAKE THE ORDER inside? I like this idea, even though I don't have kids, but unless I'm missing something, that is an asinine way to do things.

SFIND likes this.
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What will they do for Dad?

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Starman got in before the lock.

It's obvious this is aimed at the usual crowd of obese, obnoxious, feminist single mom's and their litter of asthmatic, autistic, ADHD, Ritalin pumped kids without fathers they pumped out sometime in their early to late 30's between 4 different men. Will they arrange for breast pumps and timeout chairs as well?

Mothers 45+ years ago would have run circles around these bovine brained fem cattle, and managed to order food for a set of civilized children without some 3rd party administrative coddling. ... Oh well, I'll probably still go buy their sandwich once in awhile. I know what times these freaks come out to feed. I can manage.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Sure that wasn't BYM?! Ba-dump-bum!

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted