1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia seizes Federal building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The feds are haunted by incidents that shouldn't really haunt them. Why does anybody get the least bit weepy about David Koresh, who raped girls repeatedly and forced them to carry his babies? Randy Weaver? Wretched racist. But they are martyred heroes of the Right, so we're got to be humble and meek in the face of their heirs' treasonous actions. Nonsense.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

No one is lamenting the death of David Koresh. But the 40-some innocent women and children bother some of us. Sorry.

And a sniper taking out Weaver's unarmed wife from long range as she was standing in the door and holding their 10-month-old infant? You don't have a problem with that?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

These folks aren't posing an imminent threat to anyone, so I'm unsure why anyone would advocate storming the building and creating a situation that will inevitably result in casualties.

But, as others have mentioned here, cut off all mail, power and outside contact, force them to exit the building and arrest them. This seems very simple.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, Koresh shouldn't have ordered his minions to set the place on fire then.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This presumes the feds suddenly set the Waco compound on fire after weeks of inaction. Highly unlikely.
    I am not well versed in the Weaver matter. If it went down as you say, then, yes, I'd oppose that. The problem with the Right is that they exalt Randy Weaver.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Red Line of Oregon, yo.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Here I come being the broken record again.

But, once AGAIN, what's unreal to me about this link is not the story's content, but instead that the reason it's known is because they're still being allowed to post their videos to youtube and social media without interference. When this story broke I never imagined we might handle it in such a weak and impotent manner, especially since it was this same group's second offense pulling this shit.

Hell, maybe more people should be using guns to steal buildings, apparently it's the sort of thing our govt doesn't see as much to be bothered about.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    JC likes this.
  9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Dick Cheney would have shot them in the face. GWB would have invaded Guam. Clinton would have fucked their women while Janet Reno burned them out. Old man Bush would have puked on them. And Reagan, well he would have forgotten they were there. Carter would do just what Obama is doing -- nothing.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I was on board with largely ignoring these idiots, but this is getting ridiculous. Time to sack up, Obama.

Not saying they should use force, of course, but we should be actively doing all we can to make their existence up there miserable.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm still with my original thought. Secure the perimeter, cut off the utilities.

Draft saved Draft deleted