1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia seizes Federal building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

My money is on them fighting on "in his honor."

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Now that shots have been fired, and the group has shown its willingness to do so, I expect law enforcement to take a more aggressive posture. Not storming the facility or anything, but a real blockade, cutting power and water to the building, and perhaps targeting the group's vehicles.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It may be arguable, but you did not present much of an argument.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Sure I did. If the family dynamic is such that the harm caused by his political stances outweighs his willingness to change diapers and look for the remote along with everyone else, then they are better off with him gone and no longer leading them off life's cliff.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Dick, you're libeling him by failing to mention all the times he didn't walk around the house in a murderous rage.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

WTF, Washington Post?

With his shaved head and soft voice, Robert “LaVoy” Finicum resembled a monk — albeit a monk wearing a Stetson and packing a Colt .45 pistol on his hip.

And like a monk, Finicum waxed poetic when asked earlier this month whether he was prepared to die rather than go to jail for occupying a federal wildlife refuge in rural Oregon.

LaVoy Finicum, Ore. occupier who said he’d rather die than go to jail, did just that

7. bigpern23

As you stated, you don't know what their family dynamic is like. So you aren't making an informed argument as to why they are better off without him. Your hypothetical doesn't pass muster as a good argument. I'm sure you know this.

8. Dick Whitman

Then the argument that they are worse off passes no muster, either.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Great hed

So how many people are still holed up?

10. bigpern23

Who made that argument?

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

By your standards we could argue for killing millions of citizens. Maybe even tens of millions of citizens. Nice job, Dick.

12. Dick Whitman

Sure. The argument would be unlikely to be a winner. But we could bat it around.

Draft saved Draft deleted