1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Their coffee is horrible. It's burned and too hot because they have to brew it so quickly. Buy their coffee beans and make it a home and you will see how much better coffee can be.

2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

They can take their overpriced, overrated electronics and shove 'em. Let their cult members support them.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Every time I look at the title of this thread, I wonder how anybody could think these may be the final days of McDonald's.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not sure where you live - I've had Dunkin in Richmond, Philadelphia, Boston, DC and the NYC area and never had a bad cup. I also buy their beans (and Keurig pods) and brew it at home.
    The food is shaky but the coffee has always been consistently good in my experience.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If Apple can invent a food replicator like on Star Trek, it would be saved and McDonald's really would be eliminated.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If you are buying mozzarella sticks at McDonald's, you should be taken out back and shot. Its a tough, but fair stance.

JackReacher, SFIND, Huggy and 2 others like this.
  9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Every time I see that McPick2 commercial I wonder how horrible those cheese sticks must be.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

We laughed the first time the commercial for them came on, and the selling point was that they are "100 percent real cheese."

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I tried them and didn't think they were terrible. Not as good as your local bar and grill or even the ones Arby's used to have, but OK. When the whole meal costs $2 I can live with OK.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have a hard time wrapping my head around a company being in trouble if they are largest producer of a product, or in Apple's case, they produce the most and it's easily the best.

I don't see them going the way of Kodak anytime soon. I could give a shit if the stock slips.

Draft saved Draft deleted