1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Been covering all of the major campaigns for months. Would be shocked if sanders doesn't win Iowa tomorrow.

Clinton's supporters are teachers who are retired at 53. Sanders' supports are their kids.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'd appoint Trump as head of NASA. He would build a stairway to the moon, force Mexico to pay for it, and send Mooslims to go live on the dark side.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The best part of all of this is how proud you are of yourself.

SpeedTchr and BDC99 like this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think Hillary is going to win Iowa. Sanders' momentum has stalled, per the polling. Hillary and Trump tonight, with the caveat about unreliable Iowa polling. I think Cruz has a better shot at the upset than Sanders.

5. exmediahack

I'd hold to my Sanders prediction in that he will have a lot of the Obama coalition. Iowa only has white people so there won't be the dropoff on minority voters from Obama in 2008 to Samders 2016.

Still the same young people who want everything for free and for people like me to pay for it.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

People like you? Really? You're a millionaire?

7. exmediahack

Not a millionaire but in top 10%. I'll pay.

8. cranberry

Yeah, I don't see that people in your income bracket would have much to worry about.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Polling? GIven the lack of home based landlines with people under the age 40 and minorities and the unreliability of demographic information in on-line polling, how accurate is polling? Maybe Iowans aren't tethered to their cell phones like the east and west coasts and major metropolis' in the middle of the country and that polling is more accurate, but I'm wondering why there is confidence in polls numbers

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Although I am sure they have many fine qualities, facility with rudimentary arithmetic does not appear to be a tool wielded by the Feel the Bern crowd.

old_tony likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"The oil will pay for the war."

We have a long history prior to this of fucking up funding strategies.

12. cranberry

A personal favorite: Tax cuts will pay for themselves!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.