1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Looks like the judge from at the end of Pink Floyd's movie.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

As a political candidate and as far as her politics go, I would agree that she was treated fairly. She was treated roughly, but that's par for the course for relative unknowns thrust into national elections.

I've only argued that she and her family were treated abominably -- by the media, mainstream or not -- for matters not at all relating to politics. In this regard she was treated unfairly long before her blithering idiocy was apparent.

And, just as a by the by ... the Katie Couric interview was as revealing of Couric's shallowness as it was of Palin's.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I didn't say change everything, but don't you think the forecast could have an effect at the margins? Remember that Santorum only won by 34 votes in 2012 (and didn't even get announced as the winner until weeks later.)

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I might edit to say it's probably a good thing the election wasn't the next day.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

1. Which mainstream outlets treated her family unfairly and how?

2. Explain to me how Katie Couric came away from that interview looking as bad as the vice presidential candidate who couldn't name an Americsn periodical, and explained to us that you could see Russia from Alaska? ("It's right there!")

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I just think whenever I hear that weather will be a factor, it doesn't particularly harm one candidate or another. I get the theory: If turnout theoretically helps a candidate (i.e. Trump and Sanders), then weather should hurt them.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think some of it is tied to geography as well. Southwest Iowa, which is getting dumped on first, is big evangelical territory, so I'd expect Cruz (and Trump to a degree) to pull a lot of votes there.

It's like the weather at the Kentucky Derby. I don't want the reporters spending all day on it, but it can be a factor and bears mentioning.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is where the Obama machine with all the imaginary voters would have been a big boost.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Voter fraud!

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The GOP only has itself to blame with respect to Sarah Palin. They didn't vet her very well before they propped her up to be something she was totally incapable of being and then she and her family bought into it and exposed themselves as the pathetic white trash they are. She is a creation of Bill Kristol and Fred Barnes.

I Should Coco and Stoney like this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They liked her rack. Wouldn't be the first time men in their 60s went completely bonkers over that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.