1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Cruz is going to filibuster his own nomination.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I blame the millennials.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

That's a lot of attention to detail.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. dixiehack

With 97 percent in, Clinton has 671 state convention delegates to 667 for Sanders. But as MSNBC pointed out, she owes her margin to winning all three (known) coin tosses to settle allocation of a leftover delegate in tight precincts.

EDIT: Now they're saying those are for some kind of sub-delegate. And as I do every four years, I'm saying the caucus system is a sham that should have been junked with the covered wagon.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There is one way to settle this ...

Penalty kicks.

JackReacher likes this.
  7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Even in the dead heat, Sanders needed a victory tonight for the headlines. In a state with only white people, Sanders needs to win the Simon n Garfunkle, of which Iowa has quite a bit. He will win NH, Clinton will win SC and then she will slowly grind him down.

Cruz has had an impressive ground game for months and put in the time with bus tours and endless visits. I don't know if he will have that same effect elsewhere. Cruz put all his chips into Iowa and got his people out.

Trump only does large-scale events but, having been at quite a few, people do show up but a bunch of them also leave about 30 minutes in because all he does is ramble. No specifics there.

Rubio outperformed tonight and I believed that he would because he will get the Romney/suburban republicans. The biggest element for Rubio is that he has momentum but he also has time. Time for Trump or Cruz to go off-message and step in it while he appears as the more reasonable candidate for November.

Who gets the Carson vote is a key question now. That's a 10 percent sliver. Won't be Trump. Will they break to Cruz or Rubio?

My money is still on Cruz vs Rubio in five weeks for the nomination. Trump isn't disciplined enough to keep it together for the long term.

8. dixiehack

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If Sanders really lost every coin flip, maybe he really is right. Maybe the game really is rigged.

That explains the two-sided coin I got in the mail from a Clinton mailer with instructions on where to caucus and what to call.

Ignatius_J._Reilly likes this.
  10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The point is that for the most part, we talk about surprises in US politics because it's fun, but push comes to shove, it's almost always chalk, which in this case means Hillary. The only time we get surprises, is when there's a star rising (Clinton, Obama) and Rubio is the only shot that the GOP has at that.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

There is some serious dogs hit polishing going on if people are thinking yesterday was good for Trump. He lost. I think the offensive he is going to launch against Cruz in the next month is going to be legendary.

This is also the first time I actually think Sanders has a chance to win.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Sanders has as much chance of winning as you do. She will bury him. Not every state is lily white. One of his dumbass 19-year-old supporters last night was earnestly arguing that he is in favor of a flat tax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.