1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Where have you been? He withdrew from his 401k to assist with a down payment on his home, and his wife has speeding tickets!

Is there more?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Your true salesman never knows a cloudy day!
    PS: Dick, the man was Speaker of the Florida House. There's plenty more there.

4. YankeeFan

DD, like with Trump last night, McCain and Romney turned out their vote. They just got beat by Obabma.

Your right that it will be close either way. The country is narrowly divided.

Republicans will be motivated this time. Will dems be able to turn out their numbers for Hillary?

5. YankeeFan

Dude, he bought a fucking boat! A boat! When he still had debt.

And, as a teenager, he was caught in a park after dark.

If that isn't enough to turn you off to the guy, nothing will change your mind.

6. YankeeFan

Mike Murphy (Bush's super pac guy) says Marco was the establishment in Florida. He had lobbyists pay for meals -- in steakhouses.

7. YankeeFan

Chris Christie announcing Meg Whitman's endorsement.

Game changer!

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Clinton has shown me that she is in it for herself. It's as much an ego trip for her as anyone but Trump. But she's pretty close to Trump. She was a victim for 8 years as First Lady. Parlayed that into the Senate where she 'listened' and played politics ( in the right way ) but did not accomplish much ( as if something could be accomplished). I don't see federal money for highways in New York at her urging. What did she do to secure expanded Ports for New York. She didn't do anything local to help. It was a vanity position. Secretary of State was another vanity position. SHe repudiated a trade a agreement she brokered. THe email thing just tells me she was more concerned over herself than in doing the job for the right reasons.
    Frankly, she's paranoid (justifiably sometimes), interested in advancing her position rather than her policies. She's pragmatic but as Presdient she'll be dealing with the least pragmatic governmental body since the 1961 Politburo. Her positions align more with mine than anyone else, but I just don't trust her, but given the landscape, I'll probably vote for her.

But if anyone thinks that the PResidency under HRC will be any more accomplished than under Obama you're crazy.

That said, Trump and Cruz scare the shit out of me.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Why do you guys think Rubio smears have to be based in fact? When did that ever stop the smears against Kerry or Gore or McCain?

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Trump is hilarious.

The rudest press people of all the candidates and he's gotten so much free media because he's Trump and now he's whining.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Michael Gee, here's how I see it:
    There aren't enough evangelicals for Cruz to win the nomination, and, from everything I've read, the party establishment genuinely hates him.
    Trump is a one-trick pony, and eventually potential voters are going to want to see the meat of his campaign -- and he has none.
    Carson, Jeb!, Paul, Christie and the rest of the scrubs aren't going anywhere.
    That leaves Rubio -- even though he's said some batshit crazy things -- as the GOP's choice. He's their best chance to beat Hillary, and the party and the party's money will coalesce around him.
    Rubio. Count on it.

12. YankeeFan

LOL.

Yeah. Kerry's shipmates all lied, he got a magic hat from a CIA guy, and spent Christmas in Cambodia.

And Gore never exaggerated or flip-flopped.

Let's not pretend their criticism was all illegitimate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.